Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at 2K Sports
Firaxis Games, creator of some of the most successful and award winning strategy games of all time (including the Sid Meier’s Civilization and XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2 series) and home of legendary game designer, Sid Meier, is looking to hire a highly skilled, motivated and talented Producer to work with our developers and become an integral part of our team!
The ideal candidate has owned areas of production for one or more PC and/or console titles in the strategy genre. They can construct useful and meaningful schedules for our development teams and can drive these schedules while identifying and mitigating issues before they become problems.
We’re looking for the ultimate multi-tasker, communicator and someone who is passionate about working with creative teams to make video games that stand the test of time!
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with Senior Franchise Producer to manage an area/areas of game production and pipeline throughout all phases of production
- Schedule and maintain day-to-day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams including sprint and backlog planning and management
- Proficient in running small teams using agile methodologies
- Facilitate cross-discipline communication and feedback loops through rapid iteration
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate risks as they pop up
- Identify any changes in scope, priority or direction, and understand and articulate the knock-on effects throughout development
- Work with quality-assurance team to ensure agreed-upon workflow and management of bug databases, including establishment of priorities for resolution of bugs
Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in the production or development of games (PC or console) with at least one shipped title
- 4 year relevant degree preferred – business/management, game development/production, etc. (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including MS Project and/or other project management software including Hansoft, JIRA, Shotgun, etc
- Solid understanding of game development processes, limitations, dependencies and trends
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Works well under deadline pressure
- A passion for playing and developing video games