ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Estimator - Mechanical/HVAC
at ABM Industries Inc
The Estimator position is responsible for supporting the sales staff on estimates. These efforts include job walk-throughs, drawing take-offs, subcontractor pricing, material pricing, labor estimates, proposal scope development, and bid coordination.
- Estimating new projects.
- Responsible for reviews of estimates and proposals.
- Responsible to ensure that estimates are accurate.
- Work with Senior Estimator in maintaining a library of estimates based on style and type of job.
- Update and Maintain Bid Calendar.
- Reviewing and analyzing mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Obtain equipment, subcontractor, and material pricing with an accurate labor estimate for projects.
- Responsible to qualify bid opportunities based on workloads and core capabilities.
- Ensure the Proposal review process is followed prior to release of proposal.
- Manage proposal scope development and bid coordination.
- Attend project site visits and pre-bid meetings, as required.
- Provide estimating support for the sales staff.
- Responsible to attend networking and training events as it relates to sales and estimating.
- Be able to work and thrive in a TEAM environment.
- Required to travel to job sites to perform an onsite evaluation of facility and equipment identified in the Customer’s scope of work and/or to assist internal customers with estimating projects, contracts or proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
- Five (5) years of experience in mechanical estimating of HVAC and/or critical cooling projects.
- Prior experience with Estimating software a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills