Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Operations Center Service Desk Agent
at Ace Info Solutions, Inc.
- Job Location
- Regular Full-Time
- Public Trust
AceInfo is currently seeking several Enterprise Operations Center Service Desk Agents to support our up coming federal project, in Bowie, MD.
The Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) Service Desk Agent is part of the enterprise operations service desk staff supporting the agency’s systems, hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The EOC is primarily responsible for monitoring and responding to incidents, escalations, customer service, coordination of all customer related activities including troubleshooting calls and scheduling of operations & maintenance activities. As a secondary role, the EOC performs basic Linux and Windows server actions including account management, server health management, data-center walk-thru’s and recovery services following pre-defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Manage, track, report, process and assign tickets daily
- Responsible for opening, tracking and closing tickets
- Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Define and classify level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests
- Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA
- Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue
- Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders
- Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
- Perform systems administration troubleshooting and support
- Coach, mentor and train staff
- ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) INC/ChM/PbM/KMS management
- Extensive infrastructure and application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM
- Direct experience running small to medium service desk (over 5 agents)
- Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude
- Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports
- Must be available for on-call support as required
- Experience using and managing monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or AppDynamics
- Experience creating, managing and running reports in BMC Remedy
- Experience using incident notification tools such as Everbridge IT Alerting
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows & Red Hat Linux in large environments
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team
- Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team
- Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way
- Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing
- Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel
- Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with a Associates in Computer Science or related field
- In lieu of degree, a combination of education and 6 years of demonstrated hands on experience
- ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications highly recommended
- Ability to quickly self-learn new products Comfortable in a fast pace work environment Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) are a plus
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is a plus
- Tuesday through Saturday 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM (Midnight)
- Tuesday through Saturday 11:00 PM to 8:00 AM
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, and be able to pass a Public Trust Assessment
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15 years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.