Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Development Manager Convenience Channel
at Advantage Solutions
- Primary Posting Location : City
- Primary Posting Location : State/Province
- Primary Posting Location : Country
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Client Services/Account Management
Customer Development Manager - Convenience Channel
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Customer Development Manager – Convenience Channel, to be tasked with achieving client sales goals through distribution, pricing, shelf space, display sell-in, and promotional volume. The role is responsible for making headquarters calls within the convenience store channel. One of the key initiatives of this role will be to build and execute sales presentations to all categories within assigned key accounts and to sell business improvements to your customers using syndicated data. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth. Looking to make an impact on overall growth strategies for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry?
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Meeting or exceeding POS-to-plan goals for assigned territory and markets.
- Act as Account Manager for key convenience store accounts
- Expand sales of incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in-stock conditions.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions.
- Provides and manages sales training and skill development of RSM’s in assigned geographies.
- Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of the client and retail customer.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years previous experience managing key account in the retail or consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated history of building effective cross-functional relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
- Excellent oral presentation skills; Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Ensure the highest level of client services
- Must display excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Customer Development Manager –Convenience Channel, is tasked with achieving client sales goals through distribution, pricing, shelf space, display sell-in and promotional volume. The role is responsible for making headquarters calls within the convenience store channel. One of the key initiatives of this role will be to build and execute sales presentations to all categories within assigned key accounts and sell business building ideas to your customers through the use of syndicated data. The Customer Development Manager–Convenience Channel cultivates strong relationships with the assigned customers on behalf of our clients and ensure the completion of all reports and deliverables.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed client sales goals by achieving KPI’s and efficient use of promotional spending.
- Execute sales calls with customers on behalf of clients within the designated accounts
- Utilize syndicated data and category insights when necessary to deliver sales goals.
- Monitor customer sales, pricing, rebates and deductions on behalf of the client
- Represent the client during category reviews acting as champion for client products.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Sales, Account Management
- 3-5 years previous experience managing key accounts
- Experience working in CPG environment.
- Ability to travel
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.