Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Reliability Group
- # of Openings
- Contract to Permanent (Full Time)
Allied Reliability is currently looking for CNC Operators to work for a manufacturer in the Edgewood, MD area. Successful candidates will operate CNC milling equipment and other related equipment necessary to machine honeycomb materials to specified dimensions and tolerances. Responsible for setting up and operating numerical control machines to perform various machine functions such as cutting and milling of metallic and nonmetallic core to ensure that only highest quality product is delivered to the next worker and to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates equipment in the safest and most expedient manner in accordance with established company policies and operator documentation.
- Performs routine operator level preventative maintenance, organizes, cleans, and maintains tools, equipment, product, and supplies to ensure highest possible standards of cleanliness in accordance with established company procedures and Form B requirements.
Supports and assists in production improvements by:
- Providing accurate and timely information regarding personal production throughput and techniques.
- Participating in controlled experiments involving new techniques and equipment.
- Discusses control media errors, new processes, machine malfunctions and safety hazards with supervisor or engineering personnel to resolve issues.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, machining methods and sequences.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece on machine.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
- Loads control media such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed and feed.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED.
- One to three years of similar work in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience performing three and five axis NC machining of metallic or composite products where hand forming, carving, or hand tool machining of light gauge or delicate materials are required.
- Exposure to close tolerance work, typically on the order of a few thousandths of an inch and use of calipers or micrometers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions percentages, area, circumference and dimensions.
- Candidate must possess the capacity to understand blueprints, as well as complex and detailed instructions.
- Tools and/or equipment that may be operated include: Thermwood CNC milling machines. CMS – milling machines, bladder press, DMS CNC milling machines, calipers and micrometers. Tape measure, ruler and depth gage, indicator, protractor.
- Computer skills required.
- Forklift operator's license desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.