American Heart Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Impact Director- Healthcare Systems
at American Heart Association
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Community Impact Director- Healthcare Systems in our Baltimore, MD office.
The Community Impact Director Is responsible for identifying, cultivating, nurturing and expanding relationships with healthcare systems to further AHA mission and fundraising goals in the assigned market.
- Responsible for developing and facilitating execution of a strategic plan for engaging each market in both development and mission activities that result in increased revenue, volunteer engagement, and health impact.
- Cultivate as needed and support executive relationships within healthcare systems, hospitals, and as appropriate, insurance providers to facilitate collaboration across revenue and impact work. Establish and support C-Suite relationships with all healthcare systems in the area.
- Connect hospital leaders with AHA business lines to maximize engagement. Demonstrate increased engagement of volunteers from all major healthcare systems in board, event, and mission impact leadership work.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for hospital systems engagement across all revenue, volunteer, and mission work in market. Increase healthcare system engagement in workplace health improvement including completion of workplace health achievement index.
- Lead AHA in connecting with and leveraging hospital population health work including all Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), Community Benefit, and other community facing work. Increase system and employee engagement in AHA core events and explore new innovative opportunities. Demonstrate expertise in CHNA and Community Benefit work of local hospital systems and facilitate collaboration on areas of common interest with each other and other community stakeholders.
- Ensure Resuscitation Quality Improvement and Mission Life Check Enhanced (if applicable) goals as set by affiliate are met in the market. Demonstrate growth in revenue support from healthcare systems.
- Connect to, inform, and activate funded scientists and national volunteers in local market. Build and maintain database of and engagement plan for funded scientists and national volunteers in local market.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for healthcare system engagement in impact and revenue work across the market. Facilitate hospital and health system participation in collective impact work in community.
- Able to facilitate the identification, recruitment and selection of appropriate volunteers to lead the board and committee activities required to drive results in achieving the mission and strategic objectives of AHA
- Experience in healthcare systems change or improvement
- Experience in community health and population benefit education
- Experience in fundraising or business development
- Experience in public health
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience, preferably in healthcare, or with a voluntary health agency or related field