American Heart Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development (Fundraising) Director - Greater Bay Area
at American Heart Association
Development Director, Heart Ball – Greater Bay Area
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
At the American Heart Association you can find satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment and connect people to making a lifesaving impact. You can be part of an organization that the NonProfit Times has recognized as “One of the Best Non Profits to Work For” year after year. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an experienced fundraising or sales professional for the Development Director, Heart Ball for the Greater Bay Area Division (based in Oakland). As the Director, you will be part of a staff and volunteer team responsible for the overall planning, management and implementation of the Heart Ball campaign and share in an overall team fundraising goal of $3.5M net generated primarily through corporate sponsorship and individual philanthropic giving.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages sponsorship, new business development and volunteer leadership recruitment for the Greater Bay Area Heart Ball Campaign to achieve agreed upon revenue goals.
- Drives the ongoing process of identifying, recruiting and activating high level corporate, community and philanthropic volunteer leadership to support the campaign on an ongoing process.
- Develops and implements a year-round cultivation plan to solicit and maintain high-level corporate and patron sponsors and individual giving.
- Works in collaboration with fundraising and health strategy staff to achieve both revenue and mission related goals.
- Adheres to established Best Practices, benchmarks and timelines and conducts active community networking and outreach through 10+ face to face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsors
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
- Highly effective organizational, communication, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the American Heart Association or similar nonprofit organization
- Experience in securing high level corporate cash sponsorship
- Experience in Individual patron giving
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled