Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Title: Machinist
Department / Company: Ada Maintenance / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What's special about this job:
Our Ada Skilled Trades Department is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility and manufacturing related equipment at our World Headquarters complex in Ada. The Ada Maintenance team is comprised of over 100 highly qualified Skilled Trades employees . As a Machinist on the team, you will responsible for machined components, CAD design, engineering and equipment rebuilds for the Facilities and Manufacturing divisions in North America.
You will also support R&D projects with prototype components using CAD data and 3D printing technology to make unique parts. This role will be 2 nd shift. Our Machine Shop runs in a similar fashion to a Job Shop, the work is dynamic and challenging, so if you enjoy problem solving, multitasking, working in a team environment and working solo, then this role may be a good fit for you.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will have numerous responsibilities - including repair of damaged parts or reverse engineering parts beyond repair to manufacture direct replacements, modify existing parts and machine new parts from samples or prints. You will have a chance to utilize a wide variety of materials ranging from 300 series stainless, tool and alloy steels and engineered plastics and composites. You will utilize both manual and CNC machinery to manufacture parts, you will use metal shears, brakes, punches and welders to fabricate parts.
You will partner with maintenance employees, production employees and engineering staff to provide the parts requested for individual jobs and project work. Occasionally you may assist on the production plant floor with set up and equipment trouble shooting. This position will require both scheduled and unscheduled availability for emergency work and planned project work on weekends, with the department determining which days will comprise the 40-hour work week based upon production and scheduling demands. This role may require scheduled and unscheduled overtime that may be mandatory.
Skills and background will be important for success:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a certified apprenticeship program with a Journeyman Certification or an Associate degree and 4 years of machining experience. Preference is 6 years of experience and completion of a certified apprenticeship program with Journeyman Certification. Documented schooling and years of service can be submitted for review as a substitute to a formal apprenticeship program.
- Experience running manually operated equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws, and drill presses.
- Experience working with Mazak CNC Lathe's and Mill's with T-plus, M-Plus, Smooth and Fusion controls as well as Haas CNC Mill controls is preferred. Ability to set up and run multiple machines at a time, ability to program online and offline is preferred.
- Ability to hold a tolerance of +/- .0005" on precision parts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to understand fit and function of power transmission components, complex machinery with rotary and lineal travels.
- CAD/CAM design and programming software experience, preferably MasterCam 2018 or newer and Solid Works 2018 or newer is an advantage.
- Tig and Mig welding experience would be a plus, as would prior soldering and brazing experience.
- An understanding of CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) machines with Faro Arm experience is a plus.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience with packaging production equipment including change parts manufacturing would be a plus.
- Experience building and designing special machines and fixtures.
- Planning and estimating job cost for material and labor.
- Strong interactive communication skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- A willingness to aquire advanced skill levels through personal effort and training on and off the job. Example CAD/CAM classes through local college, welding certificate, crane operation, fork lift license etc.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs
Amway's exceptional benefits package includes: Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance; 401(K) participation; Profit Sharing; Bonus Eligibility; Fitness Center; product discounts. Look into how Amway can transform your career! Visit our web site to apply: http://www.amway.jobs. For additional information, check us out at www.linkedIn.com/company/amway, www.facebook.com/AmwayTalent, and www.twitter.com/AmwayTalent.
Interested in a virtual tour of our World Headquarters in Ada, MI? Simply click Explore Our Campus and click on the colored icons to scroll and navigate the views and information.