Auto Warehousing Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Auto Warehousing Co.
Auto Warehousing (AWC) has been family-owned and operated for more than 50 years and is North America’s leader in finished vehicle logistics. Our mission is to service customer vehicles safely, efficiently, with quality and pride. Our Associates are the reason for our success, and developing their talent remains critical to our future.
We have a new location in Jessup Maryland, and we are looking for several Rail Unloaders to join our team. This position is 100% outside in all weather conditions and this is a 24/7 operation so you must be very flexible with scheduling days and nights including weekends and holidays. This is a very physically demanding position that requires a valid Drivers License and you must pass a full physical, background check and drug test. Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Summary of Position:
To load and offload vehicles on rail cars, per customer and AAR instructions, to meet the expectations of the customer and avoid damage to customer vehicles and maximize efficiency and quality for AWC's benefit.
Essential Functions, Duties & Tasks:
This position is to prepare railcars for loading and offloading, disengaging vehicles from railcars, driving vehicles off of railcars, and preparing railcars for transportation according to manufacturer and American Association of Railroad standards. This is a general overview of the requirements of the position, not an all-inclusive list of activities. This job description is continuously evolving and may change without notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to drive both standard and automatic automobiles
- Ability to successfully pass the E-Rail background check and quiz, and obtain security clearance
- Ability to climb exterior ladders
- Ability to work in a confined space
- Ability to adhere to strict quality standards without variance
- Ability to interact with others effectively
- Ability to communicate diplomatically
- Good visual ability
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools (i.e., wrenches, screw drivers, ratchets, etc.)
- Must have a good sense of balance
- Ability to work at a height approximately 15 feet above the ground
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds over head
- Ability to push, pull, or carry up to 85 pounds
- Ability to pass Safe Driving, Rail and Buck Ramp quiz with 80%or better
- Able to react to change in a calm manner
- Ability to stand, walk, and work outdoors in all weather conditions
Education, Experience & Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent
Auto Warehousing Company, including its subsidiaries, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportuniti