Bayhealth Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Patient Accounting (Gov't Hospital AR, Hospital and Physician Payments) - Patient Financial Services
at Bayhealth Medical Center
Patient Financial Services
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 170 (Minimum hourly rate $31.98/hr)
Bachelor of Art
Manager, Patient Accounting
(Gov't Hospital AR, Hospital and Physician Payments)
Responsible for directing, coordinating, and planning of staff for governmental payor hospital accounts receivable to ensure efficient and proper billing, account follow-up, account collections, reconciliation of patient accounts and other associated treasury functions. Manages cash application activities for all Bayhealth entities (Medical Center, employed Physician, Bayhealth Medical Group, Home Health, Wellness Centers, Occupational Health).
Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance is required.
Three years experience in patient accounting, third party reimbursement, or related field, along with at least two years of experience in a supervisor role, and experience in treasury management are required.
Seven years experience in patient accounting, third party reimbursement, and five years in a supervisor role is strongly preferred.
Experience in both hospital & physician information systems, experience with claim scrubbers, and experience using Federal & State Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems, along with Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office are required.
Experience with Epic, xClaim and advanced capability with Microsoft are preferred.
None required, but CRCP or CRCE from AAHAM, or CRCR from HFMA, along with Epic ARCR certifications are preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Demonstrated expertise in management operations including but not limited to managing, supervising, directing, and monitoring the daily work activities of subordinate personnel.
· Must demonstrate ability to perform responsibilities in a fast paced, work environment, requiring excellent organizational skills, sound judgement, and critical decision making.
· Demonstrated technical expertise with computer hardware, software and database management functions and duties.
· Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
· Knowledge of medical coding, related medical terminology, the use of medical records, billing claim forms, and federal and state regulations concerning the use of medical records and medical billing.
· Knowledge of industry standards and practices related to billing and account receivable management and implement such standards and practices to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact Patient Billing/Collections as well as payors. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
· Extensive knowledge on Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) processes
· Extensive knowledge on Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC) processes
· Must possess supervisory skills for accepting responsibility, making decisions, directing, delegating and supervising personnel.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
· Ability to investigate, analyze and resolve issues at a high level.
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
· Flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
· Must be able to work effectively with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority.
· Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.