Bayhealth Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medication Reconciliation Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy
at Bayhealth Medical Center
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 025 (Minimum hourly rate $17.31/hr)
6:45 AM-10:00 PM Variable hours
Medication Reconciliation Technician will compile the medication list of newly admitted patients and patients to be discharged by the Medication Reconciliation Team. This Medication Reconciliation Technician is a certified pharmacy technician that will function solely within the Medication Reconciliation process.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
1) Perform a patient medication history; document the history accurately and completely.
Actively include the patient /or the patient's family, patient's pharmacy, patient's physicians, patient's prescription bottles to ensure proper identification of doses and medications, to include OTCs, herbals/supplements and/or query software programs to resolve all discrepancies in a timely manner.
2) Prioritize patients who have the potential for admission and discharge at Bayhealth.
3) Determine medications that may be needed to be brought from home based on formulary status, therapeutic interchanges and availability of medications.
4) Compilation and clarification of medication related issues in the medical record so that the attending physician/and or designee can review and reconcile the list in the appropriate software.
5) Present completed list to Medication Reconciliation pharmacist for review.
6) Provide input to the appropriate supervisor via peer evaluation software.
7) Document, review and submit appropriate Performance Improvement metrics to the Leadership Team from HMM.
8) All other duties as assigned, within the scope and range of job responsibilities
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: One year as a pharmacy technician
Computer/Software Knowledge: Proficiency in software applications that include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.