Bayhealth Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner - Specialty - ICU
at Bayhealth Medical Center
Full time 72 (Two week Payperiod)
2 years of experience required
The Nurse Practitioner (Specialty) works independently and with autonomous collaboration with physician to provide complete physical examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and episodic disorders. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The Nurse Practitioner works within a collaborative model to provide quality care and to improve patient outcomes by strengthening continuity of care in all settings for patients, families, and staff in both the hospital and physician practice settings. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) remains responsible for the patient throughout the course of the treatment, provides the physical examination, the diagnosis, and the health care plan, determines when the patient has recovered, and releases the patient. The NP may refer the patient to physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment but retains responsibility for clinical management as well as any subsequent medication.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master's degree in area of specialty required. Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse
Practitioner (CRNP) and state authority for advanced practice in Adult Health required. Two
(2) years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a physician practice setting and/or related
nursing experience required. Basic skills with Microsoft Office programs, or similar programs,
and patient database. Must have the ability to navigate medical websites. Must have a current
Delaware Advanced Practice Nurse license with prescriptive authority. ACLS (Advanced
Cardiac Life Saving) certification also required.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Demonstrated or documented ability to work in fast paced setting with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills. Customer service and team environment focused.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.