Bayhealth Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOCIAL WORKER (MSW) - Care Management
at Bayhealth Medical Center
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Provides social work service and discharge planning to patient population across the continuum of illness. Promotes effective utilization and seamless transition to post-acute care. Collaborates with patients, families, healthcare team members, and community agencies to develop and implement plans to address identified needs.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
1) Coordinates, organizes, and facilitates the delivery of social service needs identified within the multidisciplinary plan of care. Responds to social services consults within 24 hours.
2) Assesses the social, psychological, cultural, environmental, and financial situations, as well as, disposition needs, for each assigned patient.
3) Collaborates with patients, families, multidisciplinary healthcare team members and community agencies to develop and implement plans to address identified needs.
4) Maintains knowledge of the defined standards and criteria used in the Utilization Review process.
5) Accurately and completely records all required data and information in the medical record and related record keeping systems.
6) Recognizes urgent utilization and discharge planning issues, including barriers and reports them to Care Management Leadership.
7) Organizes case conferences for issues related to discharge planning. Attends all departmental and discharge planning related meetings, as assigned.
8) Maintains current knowledge of community and State resources.
9) Assists and mentors BSW level discharge planning specialists to provide social work services and discharge planning.
10) Maintains productivity, as prescribed by departmental leadership.
11) Complies with all applicable Bayhealth, CMS, Social Work, State, Federal and National Hospital accreditation laws, policies, procedures, standards of care, guidelines, protocols and regulations.
12) All other duties as assigned, within the scope and range of job responsibilities.
Requires a Masters' degree in social work, 1 year of experience in social work or case work, basic computer literacy. Three (3) years' experience providing social work services in an acute care setting and knowledge of discharge planning is preferred.