Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Resource Specialist – Direct Support Professional
at Bello Machre
|Posted||August 08, 2020|
|Compensation||$15.50 - $16 per hour based on experience|
|Location||7765 Freetown Road|
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
A complete work history is required to be entered on your application (regardless if a resume is submitted); so, please be prepared with the needed information before starting your application. By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Bello Machre's Recruitment Center
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Bello Machre – Providing a lifetime commitment of loving care, opportunity, and guidance to people with developmental disabilities in Maryland. Our name is pronounced: Bello Mah-cree.
Working for Bello Machre is more than a job. Our employees provide loving care and support to people with developmental disabilities. We value our employees’ time and training experience. All required training for employees is provided free of charge, and time spent in training is paid.
- Cares about and supports its employees
- Empowers employees through knowledge, communication, respect, and teamwork
- Fosters professional and personal growth through training and development
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Bello Machre is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Our FRSs have two scheduled days off per week with one as a fixed day and a second as assigned by their supervisor. Our FRS’s supervisor provides the assigned work location(s) and schedule one week in advance.
Our FRSs hours worked include weekdays and/or weekends and various times of day including early mornings and overnights. The scheduling is based on the needs of our homes and the schedule may vary week-to-week. Additionally, the Family Resource Specialist may be assigned to a supervisory role within one of our homes.
Eligible candidates must be at least 21 years old and must have a high school degree/GED, and a current driver’s license with a good driving record for the last three years. At least two years of experience working in the human services field that includes experience providing direct care services is required, and at least two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
Benefits include: FREE medical insurance, cell phone reimbursement, optional dental and vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, and paid training, including Certified Medication Technician (CMT), MANDT, DDA Trainings, CPR/First Aid, and other learning opportunities such as Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
- Provides outstanding support and services for people with developmental disabilities, enabling them to participate as fully as they wish in all aspects of community life
- Reports medical concerns, conditions, and changes in health status in a timely fashion
- Maintains accurate documentation including Medical Administration Records
- Administers and maintains ongoing medication and physician orders
- Helps maintain a family-style household, which includes cooking balanced meals according to clients' needs and preferences and maintaining house cleanliness
- Ensures a safe environment where individuals are free from abuse and neglect
- Attends mandatory meetings, including supervisory meetings and house meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- At least two years of experience working in the human services field with experience providing direct care services
- At least two years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Must have a current driver’s license with no more than 3 points
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (weekends, evenings, days, some overnights)
- Company Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Training
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Club Membership