Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
House Manager – Live-In DSP Manager
at Bello Machre
|Posted||August 03, 2020|
|Compensation||anticipated annual income $34,000 - $41,500 depending on education and experience|
|Location||7765 Freetown Road|
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
A complete work history is required to be entered on your application (regardless if a resume is submitted); so, please be prepared with the needed information before starting your application. By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Bello Machre's Recruitment Center
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Bello Machre – Providing a lifetime commitment of loving care, opportunity, and guidance to people with developmental disabilities in Maryland. Our name is pronounced: Bello Mah-cree.
Working for Bello Machre is more than a job. Our employees provide loving care and support to people with developmental disabilities. We value our employees’ time and training experience. All required training for employees is provided free of charge, and time spent in training is paid.
- Cares about and supports its employees
- Empowers employees through knowledge, communication, respect, and teamwork
- Fosters professional and personal growth through training and development
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Bello Machre is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Our House Managers help the people we support to learn independent living skills, plan activities in the home and community, and implement person-centered plans. Additional responsibilities include guiding and supervising other Direct Support Professionals who work in the home, maintaining and balancing house funds, and scheduling and attending medical appointments.
Eligible candidates must be at least 21 years old and must have a high school degree/GED and a current driver’s license with a good driving record for the last three years. At least two years of experience working in the human services field that includes experience providing direct care services and at least two years of professional supervisory experience is required.
Benefits include: FREE private living arrangements (no rent or mortgage), FREE basic utilities (including phone and cable), FREE medical insurance, FREE gym membership, optional dental and vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, and paid training, including Certified Medication Technician (CMT), MANDT, DDA Trainings, and CPR/First Aid. Additionally, other learning opportunities are provided including Certified Nursing Assistant, Supervisory, and an 80 hour Mentor Program.
- Provides outstanding support and services for people with developmental disabilities, enabling them to participate as fully as they wish in all aspects of community life
- Supervises, supports, and trains house staff; reviews and approves timesheets
- Helps maintain a family-style household, which includes cooking balanced meals according to clients' needs and preferences and maintaining house cleanliness
- Manages house hours, budget, and overtime while still providing optimal care and support for the people in the home
- Reports medical concerns, conditions, and changes in health status in a timely fashion
- Maintains accurate documentation including Medical Administration Records
- Attends mandatory meetings, including supervisory meetings and house meetings
- Ensures a safe environment where individuals are free from abuse and neglect
- Manages house schedule to ensure proper coverage at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must display a genuine interest in the well-being of adults with developmental disabilities
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Must have a current driver’s license with no more than 3 points
- At least two years of experience working in the human services field with experience providing direct care services
- At least two years of supervisory experience is required
- Must be able to teach skills, provide support, and build on each individual’s strengths and capabilities
- Must demonstrate the ability to resolve problems and conflict effectively
- Must be able to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor, peers, individuals, and families
- Must display a positive attitude when interacting with others
- Living Accommodations
- Company Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Training
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Credit Union Membership
- Health Club Membership
- Use Of a Company Vehicle