Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Weekend House Manager – Direct Support Caregiver
at Bello Machre
|Posted||August 08, 2020|
|Compensation||$14 - $15 per hour based on experience|
|Location||7765 Freetown Road|
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
A complete work history is required to be entered on your application (regardless if a resume is submitted); so, please be prepared with the needed information before starting your application. By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Bello Machre's Recruitment Center
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Bello Machre – Providing a lifetime commitment of loving care, opportunity, and guidance to people with developmental disabilities in Maryland. Our name is pronounced: Bello Mah-cree.
Working for Bello Machre is more than a job. Our employees provide loving care and support to people with developmental disabilities. We value our employees’ time and training experience. All required training for employees is provided free of charge, and time spent in training is paid.
- Cares about and supports its employees
- Empowers employees through knowledge, communication, respect, and teamwork
- Fosters professional and personal growth through training and development
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Bello Machre is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Our Weekend House Manager helps the people we support to learn independent living skills, plan activities in the home and community, and implement person-centered plans.This supervisory position may provide support and guidance for other additional weekend Direct Support Professionals who work in the home.
Eligible candidates must be at least 18 years old and must have a high school degree/GED and a current driver’s license with a good driving record for the last three years. At least one year of experience working in the human services field is required.
Weekend House Managers who work every weekend can pick up an additional 3- 8 hours during each week in order to be full-time.
*****THIS POSITION INCLUDES A $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!*****(Sign-on bonuses are paid 1/2 at 90 days after hire, 1/2 at 6 months after hire.)
Full-time benefits include: FREE medical insurance, optional dental and vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, and paid training, including Certified Medication Technician (CMT), MANDT, DDA Training, CPR/First Aid, and other learning opportunities such as Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
- Provides outstanding support and services for people with developmental disabilities, enabling them to participate as fully as they wish in all aspects of community life
- Provides on-going supervision to weekend staff, including proper documentation
- Ensures proper weekend scheduling needs in the home are maintained
- Helps maintain a family-style household, which includes cooking balanced meals according to clients' needs and preferences and maintaining house cleanliness
- Reports medical concerns, conditions, and changes in health status in a timely fashion
- Administers and maintains ongoing medication and physician orders
- Ensures a safe environment where individuals are free from abuse and neglect
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to stay and sleep in one of our residential homes from Friday evening through Sunday evening
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a current driver’s license with no more than 3 points
- Must have at least one year of experience in the human services field
- Must display a genuine interest in the well-being of adults with developmental disabilities
- Must demonstrate the ability to resolve problems and conflict effectively
- Must be able to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor, peers, individuals, and families
- Must display a positive attitude when interacting with others
- Company Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Training
- Weekend Living Accommodations
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance