Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Felton DE Social Workers for 2019-2020 Academic Year
at Catapult Learning
- Job ID
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Regular / Temporary
High Road School, a member of the Catapult Learning family of schools, is a leading provider of educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We emphasize small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
You will have the opportunity to work with a very specialized population in an intimate classroom setting. We also offer a full suite of health benefits plus 401k plan to full-time employees.
Our School Social Workers provide counseling services to students in both individual and group sessions as dictated by the IEP, and as necessitated within the specific school and programming environment.
- Maintain appropriate school records and provide written reports and communication logs
- Participant in IEP process, attend IEP meetings, and provide updates for IEP Counseling goals and objectives
- Lead the Educational Team in supporting students experiencing a mental health crisis and provide support through the process of hospitalization for psychiatric evaluation when necessary. Provide parents and guardians with information regarding community mental health resources and support networks
- Implementation of verbal and physical components of the Program’s prescribed methodologies for verbal de-escalation or physical management, when necessary
- Provide informal and formal assessments
- Provide social skills lessons in classrooms at teachers request
- Supervise Clinical Interns, as necessary
Education, Requirements, and Training
- State License (LGSW, LGSW-C)
- Possession of a valid US State driver’s license is needed as well as willingness to travel locally using your own transportation (mileage reimbursed) or school van
- Ability to work extended or evening hours on occasion or as needed
- An understanding of the IEP process
- Leadership skills in working with individuals and groups. Ability to demonstrate effective liaison relationships with schools, and agencies
- Skills in conducting effective meetings and conferences including the resolution of disagreements
- Ability to interpret data related to student goals for appropriate interventions
Catapult Learning provides all classroom and instructional materials as well as prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is provided.
Our teachers are the heart of our organization! Our mission is to create brighter futures for all students, regardless of the learning barriers or other challenges they may face. We partner with K-12 schools and districts to address the needs of individual students, improve academic gains, and build teacher and principal capacity.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
At Catapult Learning, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Catapult believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.