CCI Health & Wellness Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CCI Health & Wellness Services
- 25-Jun-2018 to 24-Aug-2018 (EST)
- Greenbelt, MD, USA
- Full Time
Medical Assistant - JOB DESCRIPTION
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Medical Assistant will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Measuring and recording vital signs
- Recording patient interview, history and chief complaint
- Provide patient education with regards to clinic policies, medications, management of diseases, home treatments and special diets
- Preparing patients for examination and performing routine screening tests
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions
- Performing basic lab tests
- Performing EKGs
- Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
- Skill in developing and resolving problems
- Front desk reception
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Greet patients, completion of registration forms, collecting co-pays and providing instructions
- Maintaining medical records
- Communication skills using appropriate medical terminology
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, medical staff, coworkers and the public
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sterile procedures
- Knowledge of cleaning specifications of various medical equipment, fixtures, utensils and related materials.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and /or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to safety utilizes cleaning solvents and related products.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to monitor and /or maintain quality control standards.
- Data entry skills
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and / or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of methods, procedures and protocols for the handling and disposal of hazardous biochemical waste products.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines for the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Computer skills a must
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and /or loud noises.
- Standing and /or walking for more than eight (8) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may
- include the use of protective equipment.
- The employee will be working within a controlled enclosed environment daily.
- They will be required to wear scrubs, hair covers, shoe covers and occasionally protective barrier clothing during training. This can becomeuncomfortable in a warm, high humidity room. There is risk due to working within an environment with high temperature equipment, unpleasant odors, and noise of equipment in operation.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
** CCI Health and Wellness Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer**