Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Inspectors DO519
at Century Engineering
- 09-May-2019 to 08-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Dover, DE, USA
- Full Time
Century Engineering - Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic full-service consulting design firm offering professional services in Civil, Survey, Geotechnical, Landscape Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Environmental and Transportation engineering throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of close to 550 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Century is orientated around its employees first and provides competitive salaries and benefits. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, our culture encourages continued learning, motivation, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented Construction Inspectors to oversee and support the construction of roadway and bridge related transportation projects. Although these positions will report to management within our Newark/Dover office locations, anticipated work assignments are concentrated in Kent and/or Sussex Counties in Delaware. As a member of our construction management team, inspectors are required to perform a variety of technical and administrative functions. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) review for transportation construction projects
- Identify and document construction and/or QC deficiencies from applicable contract/standard specifications by analyzing applicable codes, standards and project contract documents
- Read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways with an understanding of construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Assist in review and respond to contractor RFIs
- Travel to various work sites
- Exercise a certain degree of independent thought and judgment
- Minimum 5 years' heavy highway construction experience, specifically knowledge of bridge, structure and roadway construction methods and materials
- Familiarity with DelDOT and/or PennDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Standards, Construction Manual and MUTCD
- Knowledge of construction materials (steel, concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregate, etc.)
Understanding of principles and techniques for surveying
- Ability to apply basic math skills including record linear measurements and computing volume and area for basic geometric shapes (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, cylinder, circle), density, weight, etc.
- One or more technical certifications pertaining to NICET (NICET II, III or IV certification in Heavy Highway preferred), ATSSA Flagger and/or Traffic Manager certification, and DNREC Contractor Training Program (Blue Card) and/or CCR - Erosion & Sediment Control Inspection
- Other certifications a plus: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils and Aggregate, Fall protection and Confined Space Training, Guardrail Installation, OSHA Safety, and Nuclear Safety & Transportation. Other specialty certifications may include SSPC C-3, NACE, MARTCP and or NECEPT
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Familiarity with/use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems
- Current/valid State Driver's License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work during either daytime or nighttime shifts, including weekends and holidays as necessary
No relocation assistance available for this position. Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense is required.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/PTO and an outstanding work environment.