Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Position: Gas Controller I, ESNG
Location: Dover, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position monitors and controls the operations of Eastern Shore Natural Gas transmission pipeline. Provides support to ESNG Operations team and performs other duties as related to the safe operation of affiliated natural gas systems while meeting the scheduled needs of shippers. Adheres to PHMSA Control Room Management regulations and ESNG Standard Operating Procedures while providing safe, reliable and efficient operation of critical pipeline facilities including metering and regulating gate stations, pressure control stations and compressor stations. Operates natural gas pipeline control room with 100% reliability while coordinating construction and/or maintenance related operating restrictions as well as abnormal and emergency operations with management and field personnel. This is a 24/7 operation demanding excellent attendance and reliability.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
Monitor SCADA system (real-time and dialup), react with appropriate urgency to abnormal operating conditions, system alarms and emergencies.
Ensure Gas Control Manager is aware of systems problems so they may be remedied.
Understand MAOP constraints and minimum customer requirements throughout system.
Monitor and maintain pressure conditions throughout transmission system through the operation of system Gate Stations, Pressure Control Stations and Compressor Stations and other pipeline resources.
Diagnose equipment problems and create Work Orders.
Respond to Emergency telephone calls, provide assistance and contact necessary personnel. Respond to Gas Emergency calls and write Gas Emergency Reports
Work with ESNG Transportation and Scheduling team to ensure daily scheduled pipeline receipt and delivery needs are accomplished.
Respond to Emergency Line Locate requests by dispatching to the appropriate personnel. Fax and file additional notifications to Contractors with planned work around ESNG facilities.
- Complete and distribute daily receipt and delivery reports, review and analyze data to ensure accuracy.
Remain current with all required training and updates to all operating procedures
Perform telemetering checks with supply points and record gas quality data to ensure accuracy of receipts.
Review and file daily SCADA Alarm report.
Create and review daily Temperature Comparison Chart.
Download and review supplier chromatograph data and generate weekly report.
Generate and file the monthly MAOP report.
Monitor and record hourly receipt data and file Daily Supply report.
Assist ESNG office with packaged deliveries and main facility access monitoring.
Willingness and availability to assist fellow Gas Controllers with shift coverage during PTO and other activities.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- General understanding of ESNG pipeline system layout and operations.
- Familiarity with ESNG Control Room Management Plan and associated regulations.
- ESNG Gas Control procedures and other ESNG operations and emergency procedures.
- General familiarity with Windows based PC use and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Working proficiency with the SCADA system software.
- Working proficiency of Gas Control operations and reporting software.
- Understanding of the MD/Delmarva Miss Utility and PA One Call systems and locate ticket processing procedures.
- Other related job experiences and training considered in lieu of Work Experience and Educational Requirements.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS: General PC maintenance and cleanliness.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIAL: Any inventory or stock used for printers and general office equipment.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR DIRECTION AND INSTRUCTION OF OTHERS: Must be able to communicate special instructions and events at shift changeover and with other office personnel.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS: Responsibility includes safety of self and assisting with maintaining safety of others in the control room.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to spend long periods of time working at computer workstation.
- MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a great deal of concentration to determine that the information from the pipeline systems make sense and is correct. Mathematical ability required. Must be able to communicate clearly when speaking and writing. Normal hearing required. Normal level visual acuity required.
- HAZARDS: No significant hazards with this position.