Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Strategy Leader
- Internal-facing Services - Business Development, Marketing, and Sales
- Regular Full-Time
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Content Strategy Leader (Assistant Director)
Crowe LLP is looking for a leader of tone and voice to bring our brand to life through best-in-class content. This position will be responsible for leading a team of talented content strategists, senior editors and assistant editors, copywriters, and proofreaders. We are looking for someone with a roll-up-your sleeves mentality, who is both strategic and execution-oriented, responsible for ensuring that all business narratives and messaging are in support of content strategy and editorial decisions. This role will oversee the development and management of Crowe’s brand standards and content style guides, as well as the expression of our corporate identity in the content published. Additionally, this role will strategically capitalize on the value of all content channels and assets, including, but not limited to, videos, infographics, website, and data visualization in order to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels.
- Lead brand voice across all customer touchpoints, writing and editing messaging across the entire brand ecosystem, including but not limited to, website, email, SEO, social, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, strategies and techniques ensuring the firm stays at the forefront of content innovation.
- Drive user-centered experience concepts with a focus on content strategy and marketing initiatives across channels.
- Lead brainstorming exercises; including concepts, campaigns and brand experience strategy.
- Effectively and convincingly prepare and present content strategy recommendations to internal teams and BU/IV stakeholders.
- Intelligently and prescriptively transform Crowe’s content ecosystem from chaos to competitive differentiator.
- Utilize SEO best practices to support relevance, usability and marketing objectives by optimizing on-page content, content structures and metadata.
- Research, write and proof content as needed.
- Establish ongoing content audits, gap analyses and inventory to oversee a centralized digital asset library
- Train, manage and mentor a team of writers, editors, and content strategists overseeing their execution of all content efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget and on schedule
- Develop a content taxonomy to be implemented across all systems
- Manage and continuously improve voice and tone guidelines for all content channels, applications, and assets.
- Create visibility on the strategy, people, processes, technology and measurement that contribute to improved content lifecycle management
- Maintain external vendor relationships for availability of specialized expertise, freelancer and agencies as services are required
- Develop and oversee corporate content governance policies and content strategy best practices as needed and educate relevant teams, including Go to Market teams, digital, product development.
- Oversee content key performance indicators (KPIs), including the design and operation of dashboards, reports and analyses
- Co-own and co-manage requirements definition, selection and implementation of all content related technologies as part of MarTech stack
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire content teams to give their best
- Ability to offer agile ideation and convey in proof the clients' vision of content marketing requirements
- Strong business acumen and resilience under pressure.
- Confidence and assertiveness; ability to build respect and credibility with colleagues and clients.
- An inspiring leader, able to create a collaborative environment, unlocking the individual and collective talent
- Proven experience leading change, influencing others and building consensus via collaboration across all functions and levels in a highly matrixed organization
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the challenges and differences between traditional digital and social content, and ability to produce both
- High performing, high energy self-starter, with proven ability to work both independently as well as a member of high performance-output teams in an extremely fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Operate at hands-on detailed level in addition to strategic thinking
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills; ability to measure and effectively communicate campaign results; thinks in terms of and enjoys discussions of ROI
- Experience working with various cross-functional business unit and industry teams and internal groups to deliver meaningful results on time with limited direction.
- Demonstrated track record of developing, implementing and measuring the impact of innovative, effective marketing communications and content strategies (media relations, social, analyst relations, thought leadership, campaign content) in a dynamic, high growth environment.
- Extensive experience working as a trusted and effective counsel to senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Business Administration or other related field.
- 15+ years of experience in content strategy and leadership preferably in a corporate or agency setting.
- Demonstrated success with defining, implementing and optimizing a content strategy
- Analytical ability to process and make decisions based on data and quantitative goals
- Demonstrated capabilities in attracting, building, mentoring and leading high-performing teams.
- Exceptional and effective writing, editing and message development skills that emphasize clear construction, grammar and relevant content (and content types) based on defined personas.
- Effective strategic acumen in leveraging and activating research and thought leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of content strategy and digital content curation expertise.
- Proven skills with social media in engaging stakeholders and driving reputation.
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments, adapt quickly, and be highly flexible.
Willingness to travel and work extended hours as needed.
About the Team:
Market Development and Sales (MDS): MDS supports Crowe in achieving its growth objectives by developing and executing national and international programs to build brand awareness for Crowe; promoting Crowe's thought leadership and positioning its experts in the markets it serves in both marketing and media channels; implementing lead management programs through integrated marketing and communications; and enabling revenue generation through multiple sales channels. MDS is also responsible for new product development and the Firm’s Client Experience initiative.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach who will guide you in your career goals and aspirations.
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.