Delaware State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Craft Mechanic (MCM) III - Electrician
at Delaware State University
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Maintenance Craft Mechanic (MCM) III - Electrician
Department of Facilities Management
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Job
Under the supervision of the Master General Electrician/Shop Leader performs repair work, new installations, alterations, planned and preventive maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Works inside and outside, in close quarters, in high places and on single and three-phase 115 – 480 volt systems.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
- Operates all equipment, tools, and testing devices common to trade area.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as scheduled/required.
- Must be able to make alterations and repairs as necessary.
- Estimates time, material, and construction and/or equipment costs.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and service manuals related to work performed.
- Maintain records, charts, etc. for trade areas.
- May supervise and train less skilled employees or student workers.
- Services gas and diesel emergency generator to include tune up and other repairs.
- Uses hot stick and related equipment to service and make repairs on main electrical distribution system.
- Performs related work as required.
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
- Performs other associated duties as required.
- Supervises and trains less skilled employees or student workers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned jobs with little or no supervision.
- Skill in operation of all equipment, tools and testing and monitoring devices common to electrical/mechanical field.
- Must have current valid trade license as a registered General Electrician or a Journeyman Electrician license in the State of Delaware.
- Excellent working knowledge of HVAC and plumbing.
- Must be able to sketch basic working drawings/schematics.
- High school graduate; Vo-Tech Commercial or Military Certification
- At least 9 years of experience in the field of industrial/commercial electrical or HVAC refrigeration.
- Must possess valid Delaware driver’s license.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of DSU Fundamentals.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, or disability.