Delaware State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Postdoctoral Fellow - Microsensor Design
at Delaware State University
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Physical and Computational Sciences
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
Post Doctoral Research Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Rana. The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will report directly to Dr. Rana and will plan, design, construct and implement a research program in microsensor design. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the laboratory and providing scientific leadership, training and mentoring to undergraduate and graduate students.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job;
1. Plan and carry out experiments on microsensor design, fabrication and characterization which include but not limited to infrared detectors, mems based devices;
2. Prepare manuscripts for publications;
3. Purchase and maintain research supplies and equipment, maintain laboratory stocks and records
4. Provide technical and scientific guidance to undergraduate and graduate students in the laboratory.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. This individual must be familiar with the principles and techniques of atomic, molecular and optical physics.
1. Education: PhD degree, Electrical Engineering preferred, but a PhD in a relevant engineering discipline is acceptable
2. Knowledge and experience of working in the area of infrared detection, mems based devices for sensing and detection;
3. Successful experience: carrying out experiments and analyzing data in microsensor design, fabrication and testing or a related area.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Persistence and creative effort in;
2. Manuscript preparation and publication record;
3. Ability to work productively with undergraduate and graduate students in research as well as to train and mentor them effectively
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.