Denali Water Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment / Operator
at Denali Water Solutions
- 12-Aug-2019 to 11-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Woodbine, MD, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Heavy Equipment Operator
WeCare Denali currently has a Full-Time job opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator with full benefits at our Woodbine, MD facility.
Responsible for operating front-end loaders, excavators, trommel or deck screeners and possibly grinders in an outdoor, unpaved environment. Our machines work to process bulk material often working independently with daily/weekly production demands.
WeCare Denali is an Organics Recycling Facility, making mulch, topsoil and compost, and processing yard wastes. We work with heavy machinery, large screeners and grinders to process material. We are committed to delivering high quality materials and customer service. WeCare Denali is an equal opportunity employer and provides full benefits to all its full-time employees, including a boot program, safety glasses program and uniform program. We are looking for motivated individuals who enjoy working as a part of a team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
- Operating heavy equipment (excavator, loaders, etc.) as required, in a safe and efficient manner to process material as well as facility maintenance.
- Machine's basic service, refueling, diagnostics, minor repairs, greasing, blowing out filters, and filling out daily maintenance reports.
- Wearing a radio and staying in contact with fellow employees as well as delivery drivers.
- Some minimal labor responsibilities including but not limited to general site housekeeping, cleaning of equipment, support for other operators, etc.
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily, including Pre & Post shift inspections, proper machine shut down and cleaning inside & outside of equipment.
- Load trucks in a safe manner.
- Move raw material away from dumping area and into the proper piles for further processing. This may include pushing the material onto a high bulk pile.
- Maintain piles to avoid fires.
- Be willing to help others if needed to get the work assignments completed in a timely manner.
- Problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, respectful to others and follow operating procedures.
- Flexible and reliable. Ability to work overtime as needed, especially during busy seasons.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator or a valid Heavy-duty Operator Certification, or a combination of both.
- Grade 12 diploma required or GED.
- Positive, team focused attitude.
- Experience working with composting or waste management is an asset.
- Reliable transportation is required as this position is not located on a bus route.
- Safety First attitude.
- Ability to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces.
- Ability to climb up and down from cab heights with ease, multiple times per hour.
- Must be eligible to work in the Unites States.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Work is performed in an outdoor environment in extreme cold or heat; exposed to noise, dust, grease, some fumes, and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards.