Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Instrument Operator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Relocation Assistance
- Service Line
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Land Survey Instrument Operator. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying department in our Lanham, Maryland office as an Instrument Operator. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology with the ability to supervise the crew or work independently if necessary.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Minimum of three years of survey experience required.
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Must have good Mathematical skills.
- Must have good computer and data collector skills.
- Must be proficient with the use of Trimble survey equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
- Must be proficient with Trimble Survey Controller data collection software.
- Knowledge of 3-D Scanners a plus.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions and terrain.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition the ability to stand for long periods on varied surfaces.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Experience with Electric Transmission and Oil and Gas Transmission projects a plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.