Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- US-MD-Owings Mills
- Relocation Assistance
- Service Line
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Survey Technician. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail-oriented individual interested in joining our Baltimore Land Surveying department. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a professional surveying staff assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, as-built surveys, topographic surveys, record platting, easements and rights-of-ways, electric substations, transmission line, transportation, and construction stakeout computations and grade sheets
- Assist the survey and engineering project managers with all aspects of the daily office workload.
- Communicate with the office / field coordinator with daily workload and needs to meet the schedule.
- Scheduling and communicating workload status to Project Manager in order to meet all deadlines.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors and reduction of files.
- Survey computations for boundary and topographic surveys and construction stakeout.
- Drafting of Boundary, ALTA, topographic, house location surveys and record plats.
- Computations and cutsheet preparation on a daily or as needed basis.
- Preparation of as-built surveys.
- Communication with clients and staff.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades with software and technology.
- Recognize and work in a safe manner to comply with all safety regulations.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- College degree preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of survey experience.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong AutoCAD drafting and computing skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to do short term travel.
- Must be proficient with land record research.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have diverse survey experience including: Boundary surveys, topographic surveys, GPS control surveys, construction stakeout for residential and commercial projects and cutsheets.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Experience with Bentley (Microstation), Carlson Civil Suite, Trimble Business Center, Leica Cyclone, Civil 3D.
- Experience with processing point cloud data.
- Experience with 3D survey drawings.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicle
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening
- Must be dependable
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.