D.R. Horton, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at D.R. Horton, Inc.
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Project Manager for their Construction Department. The right candidate will supervise all field personnel that are assigned to a multi-unit project. Update reports and assure quality control. Implement all DR Horton policies and procedures throughout the entire construction process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Superintendents, Project Coordinators and other staff as assigned
- Manage set-up of temporary project facilities and utilities
- Manage all project specific correspondence and documentation; including submittals, change requests and daily field reports
- Manage project budget, review field purchase orders and provide reporting
- Assure that all work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to DR Horton specifications and is 100% complete
- Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
- Walk site to determine construction status and assure quality control
- Respond to unsatisfactory survey cards and NRS responses
- Ensure that all homes in construction area meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations
- Ensure that all homes in construction area are constructed to contract, specification and detail
- Manage project turn-over to Customer Service, including completion of punch-list items and ensure all walk-through forms are signed and completed for homeowner orientations/occupancy
- Manage project close-out and final documentation
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Superintendents and field personnel
Manages two or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of two or more employees in the Construction Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,