EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Battery Scientist/Engineer, Medical R&D
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Eagle Picher is looking for an accomplished, hands-on Battery Scientist or Engineer with primary and secondary lithium battery experience to join the Product Development team. This is an opportunity to make important contributions to the design and development of our state-of-the-art lithium batteries to meet the challenging requirements of our medical device customers.
The primary purpose of this position is for you to assume the key battery scientist/engineer role to support the design, development and qualification of implantable batteries for Eagle Picher Medical Power. You will be a key player in the product development team, working closely with our research, product engineering and quality staff to help drive and execute new projects to completion and support existing products. If you are a lithium battery expert, creative, passionate, self-motivated, and enjoy working on challenging projects to help improve patients’ lives through collaboration with others to deliver superior products, this is the opportunity for you.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Support all cell development activities as the lead electrochemical expert for new and existing primary and rechargeable batteries and support all project performance, timeline and cost targets.
- Initiate, design, develop and coordinate projects of varying complexity in support of company goals as needed. Be accountable for ensuring that the choice of materials and chemistry in cell designs results in robust products that can be scaled up.
- Take the lead on failure analysis and root cause investigations in support of current and ongoing development products.
- Stay abreast of the state of the art in battery technology and make recommendations that support EP’s strategic initiatives.
- Work with external partners/suppliers to enable the adoption of the appropriate materials or technologies in order to bring the most value to EP and our customers without compromising robustness or quality.
- Build relationships, work closely with and support all appropriate functions within the company to help grow the Medical business.
- Lead, guide and mentor junior staff in order to improve EP’s processes and capabilities to become world class.
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science with a minimum of 7 years of experience developing lithium batteries. Alternately, an advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a Research or Product Development environment developing lithium batteries.
- A strong foundation in Electrochemistry or Electrochemical Engineering.
- Experience working on electrode materials, electrolytes, cell design, electrode processing, cell performance and safety.
- Good understanding of the interaction between chemistry, materials and processes and their impact on product performance and safety
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across an organization and work collaboratively for the success of the business
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Medical device industry experience and familiarity with ISO 13485 and stage gate development processes is highly desirable.
- Motivated, passionate, self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Training, experience and capability in statistical analysis
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time or as needed
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.