Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Supervisor - Third Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements. The Maintenance Supervisor ensures that production rates, schedules, quality, quantity and safety requirements are met.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Diagnose and repair equipment including paint line conveyor systems, welding robotics and metal stamping presses.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility. Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met.
- Maintains and reviews stock inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials.
- Focuses on error proofing, ergonomic techniques and cost reductions.
- Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding and specific responsibilities of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in a related field, Journeyman certificate prefferred
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or;
- Five years related experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to independently seek out downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge‘ of contract administration and office procedures
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email, cad , electrical control and PLC software
- Possess supervisory skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.