Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler / Forklift Driver - 2nd or 3rd Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Assist with day-to-day operations of the Shipping & Receiving Department to ensure customer requirements are met while ensuring procedures are followed to provide a safe working environment.
Scope of the Position
Move materials in facility and supply manufacturing work cells. Unload and load trailers, equipment, etc as needed. Process necessary documents, operate hilo and crane to handle material as needed. Assures all product is properly inspected.
- Provide production operators with an adequate supply of required materials, parts, components and packaging.
- Return required materials, parts, components, and packaging to designated storage areas at the completion of each production run.
- Transport finished parts to the next required operation, or the correct storage location.
- Follows help chain as needed.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude throughout the workday.
- Discusses work-place issues with management staff / co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive results.
- Communicates issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift.
- Must be able to drive hi-lo and be properly licensed. Operates hi-lo in accordance with safety guidelines considering speed, visibility, and load size.
- Ensures safety check sheet for equipment is filled out at beginning of shift. Addresses any safety issues with hi-lo before its operation.
- Performs duties in an environmentally responsible manner. Has awareness of own role and responsibility with respect to the environment.
- Complete reports for all safety issues, work place injuries, and environmental incidents immediately upon notification.
- Work with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Must be flexible for change and be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in your assigned work area.
- Maintains compliance to company policies, work rules, safety & housekeeping standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED preffered.
At least one year experience operating forklift in fast pace manufacturing setting.
Basic computer skills and previous experience in shipping & receiving required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.