Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stamping Press Operator - Die Setter
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for setting metal stamping dies, loading steel coils and operating machine in a safe and effecient mannor.
- Sets-up progressive dies in an efficient and accurate manner utilizing proper guarding and established safety procedures.
- Assists in the loading of steel coils.
- Removes scrap and applies lubricants as needed.
- Conducts the visual and dimensional checks of parts for defects.
- Maintains a constant watch of die and stock to prevent mis-hits and jamming of parts.
- Moves both full and empty bins/racks/containers to and from presses as needed.
- Participates, recommends, initiates solutions through team concept.
- Shuts down any type of machine that has a hazardous condition that can create an unsafe condition for an operator or any person in the area. Uses lock-out procedures and notifies the supervisor.
- Supports and follows all safety rules as well as Company policies and/or rules.
- Shuts down any process if that product does not meet its specific quality requirement.
- Reports production and time on CRT.
- Maintains 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the assigned work area.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous record of safely setting progressive metal stamping dies, loading steel coils and operating stamping presses
- Previous experience operating forklift, overhead crane and other industrial machinery prefferred
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.