General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computational Scientist Advisor
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an HPC (High Performance Computing) Computational Scientist / Engineer you will be trusted to support our HPC PET program with locations across the USA.
The Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Productivity Enhancement and Training (PET) initiative. PET enhances the capability and productivity of the HPCMP community through training, collaboration, tool and software development, technology transfer, and outreach.
We currently have a position in Aberdeen, MD for an HPC Engineer with expertise in Computational Electronics, Networking and Systems/C4I (ENS) OR Data and Decision Analytics (DDA).
You will join teams of computational experts representing a critical mass of expertise in key areas of support for the HPCMP.
Key Computational Functional Areas that may be supported include:
- Computational Biology, Chemistry, and Materials Science (CCM),
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Computational Structural Mechanics (CSM)
- Climate/Weather/Ocean Modeling and Simulation (CWO)
- Environmental Quality Modeling and Simulation (EQM)
- Forces Modeling and Simulation (FMS)
- Integrated Modeling and Test Environments (IMT)
- Space and Astrophysical Sciences (SAS)
- Signal/Image Processing (SIP)
- Computational Electromagnetics and Acoustics (CEA)
Duties may include the following;
- Software Refactoring to Optimize Performance for Emerging Architectures
- High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA): Technical support for customer projects that span the range of computational disciplines that require data analytical tools and methods.
- Emerging Hardware (HW) Exploration: Supporting the evaluation of emerging hardware for potential deployment
Technical Skills should include the following:
- Expertise in the use of various programming languages used in scientific high-performance computing (FORTRAN, C/C++, Perl, Python), scientific visualization software (e.g., EnSite), and mesh generation software (e.g. Pointwise, GRIDGEN) is also preferred.
- Experience with Linux on large scale systems.
- Extensive knowledge of HPC and parallel programming techniques (e.g. MPI, OpenMP), in multiple physical science domains.
- 8+ years Experience with HPC science or engineering programs
- DoD security clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.