Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Europa Clipper Interplanetary Cruise Phase Lead & Assistant Operations Lead
at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- This individual shall be responsible for leading the prelaunch development effort to ensure the complete ensemble of mission operations products required to meet the Europa Clipper Mission's Interplanetary Cruise concept of operations are developed,tested, and placed under configuration control on schedule. 25%
- This individual shall track and report progress on a regular basis and identify any concerns in meeting the development schedule. 10%
- This individual shall also work with Mission Systems management to determine best means to resolve development issues.20%
- This individual shall also participate in cruise phase operations trades/studies as required and support any required updates to the flight operations concepts, Flight Ops Plan, and flight ops procedures.20%
- Serve as the backup to APL's Europa Mission Operations lead at Mission Support Area East (APL campus). 25%
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- B.S. in Engineering or physics
- 10 years experience supporting and leading space mission operations engineering support. Minimum 4 years of which supporting and/or leading prelaunch development activities in preparation for launch.
- 2 years in mission operations leadership or management capacity
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment across institutions.
- Proven experience in preparing and presenting technical reports.
- 2 or more years served as space mission operations manager
- 2 or more years supporting deep space mission operations
- IONET or Secrete clearance
Special Working Conditions: Regular travel to JPL on West coast to support face-to-face technical exchange meetings and reviews.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.