Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
Kawasaki Precision Machinery, (U.S.A.), Inc., headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI and a division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Manager. This key role is a full-time position and eligible for a full benefits package which includes a 401K with immediate vesting. Visit http://www.kpm-usa.com/ for more information on Kawasaki Precision Machinery’s hydraulics product line. This position supports products outside of motorcycles, jet skis, etc.
The responsibilities for this manager role are to lead and develop the Purchasing Department, source localization of production and to oversee the Purchasing department process development and improvement.
- Lead and coach the Purchasing department.
- Develop the department by challenging the status quo and providing coaching and training opportunities.
- Create an overall strategy for the Purchasing department, determine how the department can increase its effectiveness and provide improved service.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Take ownership of departmental staffing strategies.
- Oversee purchasing duties including costing, forecasting, purchasing, inventory control, import/export, and PO processing.
- Identify potential suppliers for products and components to be localized.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, and to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Oversee purchasing & inventory management for all products.
- Develop and improve supply chain practices to world class manufacturing standards, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Work with sales and production to forecast demand and create plans that ensure availability of materials and products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Evaluate and select solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 9 years’ experience with sourcing, purchasing and supply chain. Specifically with small to medium sized manufacturing organizations.
- High level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Possesses a good understand of leadership and what effective leadership looks like.
- Very comfortable with Excel formulas and system queries.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude; be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be relied on to perform.
- Particularly detail and deadline oriented.