Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Journey CNC Machinist
at KEYW Corporation
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Mechanical Engineering
- Job Locations
- Individual will independently with minimal supervision perform non-repetitive assignments of a complex and difficult nature involving the set-up and operation of a wide variety of machine tool equipment such as CNC milling machine, CNC punch press, brakes and lathe.
- Will provide programming for cnc mill and punch to obtain optimum machine utilization and minimize scrap loss ensuring proper tool usage.
- Experience with cnc programming software such as FeatureCam, SmartCam and Solidworks.
- Experience with drill press, cnc punch press, cnc vertical machining center, cnc brake, shear, numerical control equipment and other hand and power tools of similar complexity to produce precision parts.
- Work from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of complex machined components.
- Support prototype development activities, working with design engineers and mechanical designers on the design feasibility of prototype machine parts and assemblies relative to form, fit and function.
- Determines operating methods and sequences; lay out, set up and fabricate precision parts, tooling and fixtures to exacting tolerances and dimensions for production, development and short-run requirements.
- Makes complex shop calculations to layout difficult patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
- Knows the working qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel, copper, brass, plastics and exotics.
- Check height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Inspects work for conformance to specifications. May set-up and make "first-article" check on difficult production runs.
- May prepare recommendations for improvements in methods or processes relative to improved productivity and quality.
- Requires a well-rounded knowledge of fabrication and assembly techniques, tools and equipment, materials and shop practices as would normally be obtained from completion of a 2 year trade school or apprenticeship and 4 years additional machine shop experience. Incumbents typically possess 4+ years of related experience.
- CNC Milling Machine Programming and operation (required)
- Solidworks CAD software, FeatureCam (milling) and SmartCam (punching)
- CNC Punch
- TIG Welding
- Press Brake
- Hardware Press
- Painting and Powder Coating
- Silk screening
- Incoming Inspection of Materials and Metal Enclosures or parts
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
KeyW EEO Statement
About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.