Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
The Primary Purpose of the Terminal Operator is to accept pipeline and barge deliveries of liquid petroleum products, store products in tanks, and deliver product to customers at terminal truck loading racks.
• Accept pipeline and barge deliveries of liquid petroleum products and direct products to and store in proper tanks. Requires the use of computer / motor controlled equipment and / or the manual turning of valves on pipelines and manifolds.
• Maintain inventory and other information by computer and when necessary by climbing and gauging tanks and sampling product.
• Handling & testing liquid petroleum products.
• Load or assist in the loading of trucks.
• Perform or assist in the performance of preventive and regular maintenance duties.
• Coordinate product delivery with customers and truck drivers.
• Respond to call-out to perform trouble shooting or maintenance on facility equipment.
• Perform duties of a first responder in spill or emergency situations.
• Must have a Valid Drivers License and ability to obtain a Transportation Workers identification Card (TWIC) .
• Basic computer skills. (Send and receive email, create and maintain various records, manipulate motor controlled valves and perform other tasks involved in receiving products, directing to tanks, and making delivery to tank trucks.)
• Ability to manipulate motor controlled valves and perform other tasks involved in receiving products, directing products to tanks, and making delivery to tank trucks.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally (face to face and by telephone) and in writing.
• Ability to accept supervision / direction and work effectively & co-operatively with other people.
• Familiarity with and / or ability to learn to use basic hand tools and perform or learn to perform preventive and basic maintenance on terminal equipment.
• (Petroleum transportation, storage and distribution, electrical and or mechanical experience is a plus.) Working Conditions:
• Work schedule as necessary (days, afternoon / evening, grave yard shifts) including overtime and call-outs as may be necessary.
• Work outside in all weather conditions.
• Climb tank stairs, manually open and close valves, occasionally moving or lifting up to 100 lbs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.