Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics Specialist I - LSTS
at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
- Location : Location
- Lovelace Scientific & Technical Services (LSTS)
APHC personnel provide requirements-driven services to promote healthy people, communities, animals and work places through the prevention of disease, injury and disability of Soldiers, Military Retirees, their Families, Veterans, DA Civilian Employees and animals through studies, surveys and technical consultations.
We are looking for a Logistics Specialist I for Transportation Support at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Edgewood, MD. This opportunity is a full-time contract position in the Logistics Division.
Works under guidance from the APHC Logistic Division Chief who provides initial outline of duties and written or oral instructions regarding changes in established policies, practices, procedures as well as new or unusual assignments to be accomplishment.
- Process and schedule requests, maintain accountability of vehicle spare keys and organize all file records.
- Maintain utilization records using daily documents, or automated spread sheets and prepare statistical and other reports monthly
- Prepare logs with dispatch and accounting data; maintain daily logs containing such information as equipment or vehicle number, user’s name
- Prepare documents for deficiencies that require immediate attention
- Obtain, compile, and process statistical data in accordance with instructions and standards procedures
6 Use ability to seek guidance from regulations, operating procedures, and policies to make determination on proper forms to complete
- Maintain a variety of files, regulations, graphs, and records to support statistical data
- Operate computer terminal with a standard typewriter-style keyboard and special function keys, to include related equipment (e.g., printers, scanners)
Other Duties as assigned:
- Initial Outfitting and Transition (IO&T) potential gain of Found on Installation (FOI) property spreadsheet organization
- Review and update the locations for property in the Defense Medical Logistic Standard Support (DMLSS) that are missing; Produce a DMLSS out of Balance report
- Research Federal Logistics Database (FEDLOG) to update canned National Stock Numbers (NSNs) in DMLSS with real NSNs
- Research Minimum Essential Characteristics (MECs) for property tagged with a canned NSN and create a spreadsheet to submit Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP) requests for real NSNs
- Build Electronic Catalog (ECAT) catalog in DMLSS
- Assist with Hand Receipt management (i.e. inventories, internal lateral transfers, etc.) with zero tasks pertaining to financial transactions (gains/losses)
- May be required to telework during COVID19 HPCON levels
Note: Government willing to train individual with DMLSS, as long as they are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), inventory management and data research.
GSA Self Service, Federal Motor Vehicle registration, Fleet Sustainability Dashboard, License Plate Disposal and Ordering, relevant command SharePoint sites, and locally created/managed databases)
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of directly-related expereience; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained. Some post-secondary education preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience.