Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Malace HR
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Maintenance Mechanic supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Assists in maintenance and repair efforts, as well as independently performing defined tasks. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- General interior maintenance hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems and repair doors.
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment and/or as directed
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Replace lighting and ballasts
- Clean HVAC coils, change filters and belts.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
- (if mobile)
- Submit P-card Receipts Daily
- Update work order status in real time
- Utilize CMMS systems such as 360 Facility for all work performed.
- Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3rd Party Certification
Years of relevant experience
- Have a minimum of 1- 3 years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills (KS to add)
- Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Working from heights.
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
- Driving for long periods of time.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.