Mayville Engineering Company Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mayville Engineering Company Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location: Address
- 990 84th St
- Byron Center
- ZIP Code
Do you desire a career where every day is unique, and you are empowered to make a difference across multiple facilities? Where you will be trusted to maintain and develop Supplier relationships to meet each sites needs for their products and services. A position that requires prioritizing multiple functions and tasks that come from supporting these locations. If so MEC has a unique opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our Team!
Primary Function: Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by processing orders, verifying delivery and completion of all transactions.
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Manage Purchase Price Variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to positively impact overall results
- Review all available reports for shortages and excess and take appropriate action to expedite or disposition material
- Conduct supplier performance review and business plan review with strategic suppliers for leverage and future planning
- Maintain supplier relationships to drive cost reductions while continually achieving the highest level of quality material
- Drive a “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Travel – 25%
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, 2-4 years experience required, MS Office Suite, background in a manufacturing environment
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 8 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 2,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is a 100% employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 16 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in five states