Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nutrition & Wellness Technician
at Medifast, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Regular Full-Time
The Nutrition Support Dietetic Technician is a front line service position responsible for furthering the success and increasing the lifetime value of our clients by responding to their nutritional, behavioral, exercise, and product/program concerns via phone and e-mail.
The overall expectation of this position is to provide superior service and support to our coaches and clients through an understanding of nutrition, health/wellness, exercise, or behavioral strategies to optimize client success with the Medifast/OPTAVIA® programs and products.
- Provide program and product guidance via one-on-one telephone consults, and e-mail responses taking into consideration individual client needs including age, weight, nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, medical, economic, and individual preferences.
- Provides individual nutritional, behavioral, exercise, program and/or product support to coaches and clients.
- Maintains a friendly, professional, and caring demeanor towards coaches, clients and co-workers in all forms of communications following guidelines and procedures.
- Assists and educates coaches and clients on Medifast/OPTAVIA® programs, plans, Fuelings and meals, as well as other wellness topics such as weight loss, weight maintenance, and exercise and behavior modification.
- Working in conjunction with our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, helps to ensure that nutritionally accurate, exercise appropriate, health-promoting information is provided to Medifast/OPTAVIA® coaches and clients. Consults with the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist team as needed for best coach and client outcomes.
- Supports clients from the company, particularly OPTAVIA®.
- Assists with on-going support of an employee centric corporate wellness program and healthy lifestyle promotions, as well as all other duties or projects as assigned.
- Provides support to include regional events, conventions, conferences, etc. as requested.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, health or wellness field preferred OR equivalent work experience
- Prefer one of the following: Registered Dietetic Technician with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics OR Licensed Nutritionist status in the state of Maryland OR Professional Certificationin the nutrition, health, and wellness field (ex: Certified Personal Trainer)
- Ability to interpret and organize data in an effective and useful manner, ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prefer 1-3 years of dietetic or related experience (strong interest in health and wellness)
- Ability to communicate effectively to audiences with a variety of knowledge/skill levels
- Ability to work with confidential customer and company information
- Ability to be self-directed, highly organized and proactive
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation
- Basic computer skills and familiar with a Windows operating system
- Travel up to 10%