Mercy Medical Center Springfield Ma
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mercy Medical Center Springfield Ma
Job Reference #: 5000260048606
The Security Officer provides a secure environment for patient care functions of the Medical Center by protecting patients, visitors and staff through the patrol of buildings, property and grounds. The Officer will respond to, evaluate and assist with mitigating any security related issues.
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of two years of experience in law enforcement or public contract security(preferred), or one year of healthcare security experience(preferred).
- License Requirements: Must have a valid Maryland Driver's License, or a valid driver's license from a neighboring state jurisdiction (PA, DC), if this is their permanent primary residence.
- Must be able to perform Investigations into criminal and non-criminal matters and written investigative reports and enter them into the computerized Incident Report System.
- Must attend training by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) when offered by Mercy Medical Center. In order to become certified, the officer must pass an examination administered by the IAHSS. Officer(s) who fail the initial certification examination will be able to retest at their own expense.