M&J Engineering P.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Asbestos and Lead Specialist
at M&J Engineering P.C.
- # of Openings
M&J is seeking an Environmental Asbestos and Lead Specialist focused on environmental assessment, asbestos, lead survey and design for positions in its Maryland office. The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of related environmental consulting experience conducting fieldwork and assisting management with the coordination and execution of office-related tasks including the preparation of deliverables such as work plans, specifications, compliance, and technical reports. The candidate must be organized, reliable, have good communication skills, and shall also have experience in drilling oversight, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sampling, monitoring well installations, community air monitoring, and remediation/construction oversight. The candidate also shall have excellent technical skills with a solid educational background, and shall be self-motivated with strong leadership qualities, and a professional attitude. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Performing asbestos and lead surveys according to all NY Stte and City codes an regulations
- Writing reports
- Compiling invoices if needed
- QA/QC of invoices if needed
- Preparing designs and specifications
- Responding to rejection items for survey and designs
- Must have 2 years (minimum) of experience in the areas of asbestos and lead surveys and designs
- Must possess strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing and physically able to perform field work associated with site investigations and site assessments
- Must possess a valid driver's license and vehicle or access to one
- Must possess a BS in Environmental Science or related field
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, employee-owned, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary will depend on experience and credentials.