M&J Engineering P.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Geologist, Environmental Scientist, or Environmental Engineer
at M&J Engineering P.C.
- # of Openings
M&J has an immediate opening for a Geologist, Environmental Scientist, or Environmental Engineer to join its growing Environmental Services Group in our Maryland office. The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of related environmental consulting experience conducting fieldwork and assisting management with the coordination and execution of office-related tasks including the preparation of deliverables such as work plans, specifications, compliance, and technical reports. The candidate must be organized, reliable, have good communication skills, and shall also have experience in drilling oversight, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sampling, monitoring well installations, community air monitoring, and remediation/construction oversight. The candidate also shall have excellent technical skills with a solid educational background, and shall be self-motivated with strong leadership qualities, and a professional attitude.
- Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and others to efficiently execute field assignments such as drilling /test pit exploration oversight, monitoring well installation, hydraulic testing, and multi-media sampling at sites with soil / groundwater / surface water / sediment/ soil vapor contamination;
- Support Phase I Environmental Site Assessments / HUD statutory Checklist preparation in accordance with applicable ASTM and HUD guidelines;
- Provide oversight at project sites prior to, during, or after remedial construction-related activities to assess feasibility, monitor progress, and/or ensure conformance;
- Review and interpret engineering reports, design drawings and specifications, vendor submittals, maps, regulations, field test results, aerial photographs, and other data;
- Communicate technical information with vendors and accurately document such communications;
- Assist project managers to prepare, review and modify, as necessary, technical plans / reports, specifications, remedial designs, plans, perform calculations, and other documents; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities may also be assigned.
- 2 years (minimum) of relevant environmental experience with a demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering - (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Related environmental experience in New York City is preferred
- FE/EIT Certification for engineers a plus
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction, work independently and in a team setting
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a must
- Experience with other groundwater and surface water modeling software, GIS, and CADD is preferred
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in a field setting for extended periods is also required
- Must be able to lift 40-50lbs independent
- Availability to work overtime with some evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, employee-owned, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary will depend on experience and credentials.