M&J Engineering P.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at M&J Engineering P.C.
- # of Openings
- Construction Management
M&J is looking for a well qualified Resident Engineer with experience and expertise in highways, bridges and Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) airport projects is highly desirable. Project will be in Maryland area.
- Supervise construction project staff.
- On-site inspection or oversight of all construction activities.
- Manage all phases of work to ensure quality work is in accordance with the contract plans and specifications, and is done safely and on schedule.
- Coordinate work with all stakeholders.
- Review and approve payment estimates/requisitions.
- Review and approve change order requests.
- Manage shop drawing process and ensure RFIs are addressed properly and timely.
- Review daily inspection reports and maintain project records, diary, logs, and documentation of project progress.
- Run field, progress, and schedule meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years of construction/field inspection work experience and 5 years managing construction projects as a Resident Engineer or Project Manager.
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and project scheduling software, preferably Oracle Primavera P6.
- Experience working with public agencies in large urban areas.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
M&J is a leader in providing quality engineering consulting services to a diverse and exciting client base. We attract experienced professionals who understand proactive client service, safety, risk management and loss prevention practices, quality control, teamwork, and the development of younger staff. We seek employees who enjoy their work, desire continuous improvement, and want to contribute to the vision and growth of a quality, employee-owned, professional firm. To all full-time employees we provide a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental and eye insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, etc. Salary will depend on experience and credentials.