MVP Sports Clubs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MVP Sports Clubs
POSITION TITLE: Fitness Trainer
DIRECT REPORT: Fitness Manager
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, hourly position
COMPENSATION: $10.75 per hour plus commission
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Responsible for creating a positive member experience for all members, through the delivery of the on boarding process, group fitness, and ongoing member instruction in use of all equipment. Position will provide one-on-one training and small group training to members. Must assist with keeping the equipment and fitness area clean and maintained, as well as any other duties aimed at creating a positive member experience.
- Required to meet revenue goals and key performance indicators as determined by Fitness Manager through training, group exercise class instruction, and program class instruction.
- Demonstrates initiative to gain new clients by way of Game Plan program, instructing or participating in Group Fitness classes, being proactive on the floor, and by seeking out referral clients.
- Works to actively encourage, promote and deliver quality group exercise, sports performance, training services and other departmental products and programs to all members.
- Orients each assigned member to all aspects of paid Training Services programs.
- Ensures that the fitness floor is clean and safe at all times. Oversees the cleaning, preventative maintenance and proper usage of all equipment. Recommends repair or replacement if damaged or not functioning safe or properly.
- Works at least one shift on the fitness floor, overseeing all floor activities, ensuring that members are exercising in a safe and effective manner.
- Resolves any member issues through effective customer service skills and referral to the appropriate authority. Enforces club rules and guidelines, taking appropriate action where indicated and reporting any problems to Fitness Manager.
- Manages daily work schedule by utilizing the MVP Scheduler program including all training sessions, PLT, floor shifts, etc. Utilizes MVP Scheduler program to check-in all clients for used of training packages.
- Meet with Fitness Manager to be held accountable to quarterly revenue, personal development, client management/retention goals.
- Turns in all weekly reports, including commission report for appropriate compensation.
- Maintain records of client workouts, signatures, notes, and workout dates in client folder.
- Becomes a primary sales person for all fitness programs in the club, promoting the other trainers in the fitness department, as well as other programs in the club.
- Assists the Fitness Manager in maintaining an appropriate level of educational materials for members relating to the fitness field via research and providing at least one written article per year.
- Maintains a working knowledge of basic theoretical concepts and keeps current with research and trends in the field. Maintains or achieves new certifications and membership in professional organizations to increase training product value.
- Participate in regularly scheduled Fitness Staff meeting with sales training, continuing education exercises, team building and provides constructive feedback for leadership team.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, preferably in fitness or a related field.
- Certification through NASM, CPT required. NASM, PES or CES, ACSM (HFI), NSCA (CSCS), NSCA (CPT), NATA (ATC), NPTI (National Personal Training Institute) or APTA (licensed physical therapist) accepted for initial hire. In the event of a trainer being hired without a NASM, CPT, he or she will be required to attain it within 3 months of hire date.?
- Group Exercise instruction experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service related experience.
- Sales skills needed to promote training and encourage group fitness participation.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification. In the event of a trainer is hired without CPR or First Aid Certification, he or she will be required to attend MVP Sports Clubs in-house certifications for those requirements within the first 30 days of start date.
- Experienced in exercise testing and prescriptions with a technical expertise to perform health risk appraisals, fitness assessments, and other indicated assessments.
- Communication and leadership skills needed to supervise and motivate a team.
- Computer skills needed to utilize club and equipment software.
- Ability to demonstrate verbally and/or physically the proper use of the equipment.
- Must be able to stand 95% of the work shift.
- Ability to demonstrate basic exercises that include bench press, vertical row, squat, leg press, sit up and shoulder press.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs of weight.
- Ability to safely spot a participant in the use of a minimum of 135 lbs. during lifting exercises.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.