New England Baptist Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New England Baptist Hospital
Chestnut Hill - 830 Boylston Street
Rehab Outpatient - 830 - 708500
Hours Per Week:
Full time 40 hours per week
Under the guidance of a Licensed Physical Therapist, assists in the provision of Physical Therapy services to the patients of New England Baptist's Outpatient Care Center primarily in Chestnut Hill including, but not limited to, Occupational Health Department clients, Spine Center clients, Post-operative patients as well as clients from other referring sources with general orthopedic injuries as per written orders within the established policies of this department and New England Baptist Hospital. The candidate may also be required to travel to New England Baptist's Outpatient Care Center in Dedham/Westwoord on an as needed basis.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Provides delegated treatments to NEBH patients under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist:
- Provides follow up of routine specific exercises.
- Provides follow up of functional activities, flexibility and strength measurements under therapist guidance.
- Provides patients with proper instruction and teaches correct exercise form to avoid injury.
- Provides orientation to new patients on correct equipment and usage.
- Under therapist direction, documents patient performance in daily flow sheets.
- Reports patient responses to treatment in a timely manner to the primary therapist.
- Performs non-treatment related activities:
- Maintains an inventory of departmental supplies in quantity sufficient for daily operation.
- Assists with secretarial duties such as answering telephone, entering data into the database, copying materials, and other office duties as needed.
- Assists with compliance with Infection Control Policy. This will include changing of linen, cleaning mats/equipment and general clearing of clutter.
- Utilizes free time in a productive manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills and professional attitude:
- Accepts criticism and changes behavior appropriately.
- Listens to and understands conflicting viewpoint.
- Effectively expresses own ideas in discussion of professional issues.
- Assists co-workers to foster team approach to patient care.
- Behaves courteously and considerately toward all constituencies in hospital (i.e., co-workers, supervisors, other hospital employees, visitors, patients, physicians).
- Demonstrates good verbal skills in giving and receiving telephone messages and information.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, weekly team meetings, and educational programs, both inside and outside the institution
- Conforms to hospital dress code.
- Respects confidentiality of medical records and patient rights.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Plans time away from work appropriately:
- Arrives and leaves at designated times.
- Uses unplanned earned time appropriately.(Based on full time hours. Standards are pro-rated for part-time employees based on agreed hours.)
- Participates in educational opportunities in and outside of the institution on a regular basis.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in related field, eg. Exercise Physiology or Athletic Training
Experience: 1 year of related work experience required
American Heart Association Heart Saver certification or BLS