Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Next Century
What We Need
Next Century Corporation is looking for a seasoned Hardware Engineer to join a stellar team in Annapolis Junction, MD. This role will be focused on DevOps tasking and responsibilities for a mission-critical project for the intelligence community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and analyze complex hardware systems such as network devices, storage devices, and various processors
- Organize hardware installations at multiple sites
- Create installations schedules and site surveys
- Prepare hardware analyses and field-testing reports
- Test and document hardware progress and timelines
- Generate site installations and reports
- Identify hardware problems and provide solutions
- Train site personnel in hardware usage
- Propose hardware specifications
- Collaborate with System Engineers in building simulations of proposed systems
If you meet the following requirements, we encourage you to apply:
- TS//SCI with a polygraph clearance required
- At least fourteen (14) years’ experience as a Hardware Engineer
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required or at least an additional five (5) years’ experience in hardware engineering
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are committed to excellence in all that we do. Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those who hold these traits and beliefs:
- Are passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Desire and commitment to continual improvement, on a journey to high performance
- Ability to work closely with end-users to identify the most critical information
- Exhibit passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.