Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Next Century
Next Century Corporation is seeking a Staffing Coordinator to join our stellar team at HQ in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Staffing Coordinator will add value to the company’s workforce staffing process for the company’s largest account. This person will interface across the Operations, Business Development, and Recruiting teams to execute corporate growth strategies, adding value to each respective business area for Next Century. They must understand the technological and political landscape of the customer and help identify and maintain a large network of qualified candidates in the customer space. They will provide “glue” for the staffing process by collecting staffing requirements from BD, translating those requirements into job requisitions, supporting the recruiting process, and coordinating the onboarding process post-hire. The successful candidate will improve time-to-fill and time-to-billable metrics.
The Staffing Coordinator will support the ‘care and feeding’ of employees and assume associated managerial responsibilities of the employees to include daily employee administration functions as well as human resource and security activities and procedures. They will be responsible for ensuring low attrition rates within the account as well as maintain positive time-to-fill KPIs. They will be able to foster relationships with company employees, government customers, and industry vendors and partners.
The Staffing Coordinator must be an excellent communicator. They must be self-motivated and persistent with the ability to ‘hit the ground running’ upon hire. They must be able to navigate and work with other company accounts and entities in order to produce outcomes.
- Expand and grow current employee base
- Execute collective staffing needs of the MPO account (monitor, track, and help fill all openings on prime and subcontracts)
- Liaise with internal and external (subs and agencies) Project Management Offices and recruiting POCs to fill vacancies in a just-in-time manner
- Match job description skills with employee/candidate skills and labor category requirements
- Support candidate screening and hiring processes
- Support rate and labor category qualification and negotiations processes; seek opportunities to improve profit margins
- Maintaining the NextCTS (staffing) portal
- Assist in preparation and execution of orientation and training plans
- Assume responsibility for timekeeping for subcontract work, if needed
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
- Prepare and submit reports on staffing operations as required
- Maintain resume templates
- Work with internal recruiting, MPO PMO, and management to prepare and execute candidate contingent offer letters in support of BD activity
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field a plus
- Active TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance
- Proven experience in an operational staffing capacity
- Solid knowledge of relevant legal regulations (equal employment opportunity, other HR laws, etc.)
- Knowledge of staffing policies, procedures and best practices
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Reliable with respect to confidentiality
- Solid understanding of the security process(es) and associated timelines
- Ability to maintain long-term relationships
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do. Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those who hold these traits and beliefs:
- Are passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Desire and commitment to continual improvement, on a journey to high performance
- Ability to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Exhibit passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.