Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Machine Shop Manager 1 (2nd shift)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This is a 2nd shift position, typical hours are Monday-Friday 3:30PM-12:00AM.
The CNC Machine Shop Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of employees and processes in a manufacturing environment.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Provide direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies.
- Driving employee efficiency
- Meeting product cost and schedule targets
- Managing the area to produce quality products
- Engaging employees to achieve their highest potential.
- Direct supervision of approximately 20-25 represented (union) employees.
- Work independently across organizations
- Manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets
- Achieve target productive yields
- Implement process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule
- Maintain a safe working environment by interfacing with the Environmental, Health, Safety and Fire Protection Department.
- Perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage employee time
- Update and present Metrics for the area
- Communicate with different organizations, Engineering, Production, Programs, etc.
- Attend and add guidance to Corrective Action Board (CAB) meeting to improve product quality and test yields
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience with CNC machining, CNC programming, tool/die making or a related field; 7 years of experience may beconsidered in lieu of a degree
- At least 2 years of manufacturing, production orengineering experience
- Experience with manufacturing and production concepts
- Proficient in the use of MS office products
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret securityclearance (US citizenship required)
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd shift (typical hours are Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, chemical or industrialengineering, or other STEM area.
- Prior experience working in a represented (union) environment
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Excel
- Previous experience as a Journeyman Machinist orJourneyman Tool and Die Maker
- 10 years of experience supervising a machine shop
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.