Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Cyber Systems Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Adversaries, cybercriminals and cyber terrorists, are working every hour of every day to develop new means to compromise networks, to seize valuable intellectual property and personal data, and to gain an advantage on the digital battlefield. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to see to it that they fail. Speed, stealth and precision - keys to controlling the physical domains of land, sea, air and space – are imperatives in controlling the cyber domain. Our talented employees make advances every day based on these imperatives and are committed to providing the most advanced protection for our customers against the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum. Our company is trusted with securing some of the most high-risk systems and continues to be the trusted provider of mission enabled solutions for the security or our nation and allies. This is without a doubt one of the most exciting times to join our team. So come join us and experience the value of performance.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The team is responsible for development and maintenance of a complex command and control system composed of many RESTful services. The work includes vetting requirements, assisting in designing solutions that meet the requirements, breaking down the work into software development tasks, and leading projects to completion.
Specific duties include:
• Working with customers to refine and prioritize requirements, and provide feedback to the customer to reshape the requirements to best meet their needs.
• Once requirements are refined, work with the development team to design solutions meeting the requirements.
• Support release planning and deployment installations; communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and address concerns regarding any aspect of operational services for the team
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
• 20 years systems engineering experience required.
• Experience with requirement analysis
• A working familiarity with mico-service architecture(s) especially in support of high availability and load balancing solutions
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, JSON, and XML
• Working knowledge of SIGINT Operation Workflows and end-to-end systems.
• Experience leading technical projects to completion.
Security Clearance: Candidates must have TS//SCI clearance with polygraph
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Practical experience utilizing multiple high-availability and load balancing solutions for RESTful micro-services.
• Experience with full end-to-end data processing, testing, and integration
• Experience with legal and policy compliance
• Some Java and/or Groovy experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.